16 Days in WA – Play your part

Visitors to our cemeteries may notice the orange blooms near the entrances of our cemeteries.  These orange flower displays are in support of 16 Days in WA, a government campaign to bring awareness to the community about domestic violence and encourage everyone to play their part.

Did you know in WA 24,896 family and domestic violence assaults were reported in 2022.  That’s just the number that is reported. 

  • One in six Australian women have experienced physical and/or sexual violence by a current or previous partner by the age of 15.
  • Intimate partners are responsible for nearly 80 percent of hospitalisation of women from domestic violence and the remaining 20 percent is a family member.
  • Family and domestic violence is experienced at disproportionately high rates by Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse women and children, people with disability and those who identify as LGBTQIA+.

We can all play our part to help stamp out domestic violence.

#16DaysInWA #PlayYourPart

Posted by on Sat, 25 Nov 2023 in Uncategorized