Cancer is a leading cause of death in Australia – almost 50,000 deaths in 2019 resulted from cancer. One in two Australians will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85.
The MCB’s Biggest Morning Tea contributed over $270 toward lifesaving initiatives. The money we raised is equivalent to providing 170 kids with a SunSmart education.
All funds raised from Australia’s Biggest morning Tea go toward research, support and prevention.
With research, we know:
- more people are surviving cancer
- more Australians are taking action to prevent it
- a constant stream of new discoveries is providing hope- and more time with loved ones
- Australians are getting more support to help deal with cancer
- and Australian researchers are on their way to unlocking more of cancer’s secrets
Investment in research has helped increase survival rates from 49% in the 1980s to 69% today.
We know one in three cancer cases can be prevented through lifestyle changes.
Fundraising is vital to continue to unlock more information about cancer and continue to save lives. We are all touched by cancer, whether we are a survivor, supporting a loved one with cancer, or know someone impacted by cancer.
The MCB provides ongoing support to Cancer Council WA for these important lifesaving initiatives.