The Metropolitan Cemeteries Board is committed to providing high quality services to the community.
We encourage clients to provide feedback to us about the services we provide, or the way in which they are provided. Receiving a complaint gives us the opportunity to rectify a situation and continually improve our services. Receiving appreciation is also welcome and helps to reinforce what we do well.
• Submit an electronic Feedback Form at the bottom of this page; or
• Download and print a Feedback Form: PDF version or Word version
Compassion. Respect. Understanding. Integrity.
These are the values of the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board. Please help us to maintain a respectful and dignified environment in all communications.
Our Customer Feedback service is in place to ensure your complaint is heard and dealt with fairly and quickly. Our Client Services team is able to assist you at all times and you will be treated with courtesy. We expect that in turn staff will be treated with the same level of courtesy. Abusive behaviour towards staff will not be tolerated.
You may lodge your complaint or feedback:
• In person at our Karrakatta, Fremantle or Pinnaroo offices
• By telephone – 1300 793 109
• In writing – to the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board, PO Box 53, Claremont WA 6910
• By fax – to (08) 9384 9273
• By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Australian Government’s interpreting service (TIS) can supply telephone or on site interpreting. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is accessible from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call. The telephone number is 131 450.
For the hearing impaired, clients may seek the services of the telephone typewriter (TTY) 133 667 or through the National Relay Service at www.relayservice.com.au.
What you can expect
When you lodge a complaint it will be registered with our Complaints Handling System and forwarded to the Client Relations Officer for investigation. An acknowledgement receipt will be sent within 5 working days so you will know that your complaint is being investigated. A written response will be forthcoming within 15 working days. If the investigation is not completed within this time an interim response will be sent outlining the progress so far.
All complaints are treated as genuine and will be properly investigated. The response provided will contain information relevant to the complaint, reasons for any decision made, any changes that have resulted from the complaint and an apology where appropriate.
At all times your complaint will be dealt with in confidence, without discrimination or bias. All available information will be collected during the investigation and analysed in an objective and sensitive manner. We will endeavour to assist in a resolution that is to the satisfaction of all parties within the bounds of legislation and policy.
Should you require further assistance or need any clarification, a direct phone contact number will be provided with the response.
A summary of the number of complaints, complaint categories and improvements to our services is published in the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board Annual Report. A copy can be found on our website.
How to make a complaint
There are some things that you can do to assist us with your complaint:
• Make your complaint as soon as possible so that the facts are still clear and the information given is accurate.
• A telephone call may be sufficient and quicker if the issue is simple or easily resolved.
• A written complaint is usually better if the issue or concern is more complex.
• Try to summarise exactly what your complaint is and set out the order in which things might have happened.
• Dates, names, descriptions of incidents and reference to any prior contact with the cemetery could assist.
• Tell us what you think could be improved or what you think should be done to put things right.
If our organisation is not able to resolve your complaint and you would like an independent assessment you may contact the Ombudsman by:
• Telephone: 08 9220 7555
• Freecall: 1800 117 000 (toll free for country and interstate callers)
• Facsimile: 08 9325 1107
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.ombudsman.wa.gov.au
• Office location: Level 12, 44 St Georges Terrace, PERTH WA 6000
• Postal address: Ombudsman Western Australia, PO Box Z5386, St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6831