This site is produced by the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board. It aims to provide access to comprehensive information about the Board’s cemeteries and the range of products and services that each facility offers.
This website has been designed to be as accessible to as many users as possible, including:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies,
- those with slower internet connections or less than state of the art equipment,
- rural and regional users, and
- those with non-PC Internet devices, including hand held devices and mobile phones.
The www.mcb.wa.gov.au site has achieved compliance with the guidelines for accessibility of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Consequently all pages are compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A standard at the very least.
The accessibility features available on this site include:
- Descriptive text for images (ALT text) that can be read by assistive technologies
- High Contrast colour scheme that assists users with visual impairments
- Use of lightweight images / design to decrease load times.